Friday 22 September 2017

Preliminary Final Speech Competition

Preliminary Final Speech Competition

I walked on stage and took a seat on the 16th seat. I was nervous - no lies there. 

There were twenty contestants in total from the High Flyers classes. Their names, room numberes and topics are listed below. 
  1. Michael T 23 - Relievers
  1. Shikyna  24 - Music
  1. Sofiama 17 - Sleeping
  1. Mischa 21- Kids should not have cell phones at school
  1. Angelina 19 - Village crazy lady
  1. Makaila 23 - Teachers
  1. Taare 20 - Cyber Bullying
  1. Shanya 24 - Beauty
  1. Calais 17 - Cheerleading
  1. Nora 18 - Why children shouldn’t play
  1. Helen 18 - Why we shouldn’t idolize famous people
  1. Faith 23 - Smiggle
  1. Charles 23 - Uniform
  1. Teawe 22 - Why we shouldn’t have  fizzy at school
  1. Esther 21 - Using clean energy
  1. Stephani 19 - Perfection
  1. Chrysella 24 - Having a good future
  1. Lialia 19 - Why I love my dad
  1. Charis 20 - Why Mathematics is the Most Valuable Subject?

The competition started and listened to the well presented speeches. I kept feeling anxious, every time someone finished their speech, it was getting closer to my turn. I punched my tummy because it was making me nervous. I reassured myself that it was going to be ok. 

It was the end of the block (nearly lunch time) and it hadn't been my turn yet (thankfully). After lunch, it was my turn. I wasn't scared. Surprisingly, I was quite happy. 

After I finished my speech, I felt really happy and proud down inside. The finalists are Angelina, Nora, Helen, Esther, Te awe, Sofiama, Calais, Taare, Charis, Aisali and Shanya. The finals are on Monday. I hope that I win. 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment