Tuesday 14 March 2017

The Lockdown

I was simply minding my own business doing my SRA card when.... 4 bells rang!

"It is a lockdown, get under the tables, lock the doors and windows," shouted Juanita. 
I laid my stuff on the table and went under it. I pulled the two chairs closer to me and squashed myself. It was a little bit scary and very uncomfortable. Some students were getting a bit emotional and nervous when we discovered that it was real. The class started to fidget and became very restless. 

Thirty minutes later,  Mr Vasau said it was safe. We got up and made our way to the flagpole. We were told that the bad guys were in jail. Unfortunately, the weapon was not found. We were told to call the police if we came across it. 

The end of day bell rang and everyone went home safely. Rowandale School is now famous in Manurewa.

Written by Esther

5 comments:

  1. Great blog and recount Esther ... thank you for sharing this with #FieryTaniwhas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written recount, Esther. Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing Esther. I enjoyed reading your recount. It is great to see you using a variety of punctuation marks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esther I have never been in a real lockdown.Your very clear description has given me a good idea of how my students might feel if this happens at my school. Thank you for sharing your writing. From Miss Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job Esther im getting a bit jealous
    by juanita

    ReplyDelete